DCOE Float Height Adjustment
1. With the top of the carburetor in a verticle position, up and down, the float will hang downward from the float pin, closing the needle against the seat.
2. Measure 14mm from the gasket to the top of the float, as shown above.
3. The purpose of the approach is to avoid having the weight of the float depressing the spring loaded damping ball in the needle.
4. DO NOT INVERT THE CARBURETOR TOP, RESTING THE FULL WEIGHT OF THE FLOAT ON THE NEEDLE AND SEAT
DCOE Float Drop
1.With the top of the carburetor still in the verticle position the float drop is the needle fully open from its seat (shown above)
2. The optimal needle travel is 2mm, from the closed needle in its seat to the float fully opened off its seat. The needle travel should be no more than 2mm
3. In racing applications needle travel is limited to 1.5mm